Warning: Use of this site can be addictive!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Suwanee 62' The Beginning

The Suwanee 62 was found in Lake Conroe, Texas. The boat was confiscated as a nuisance vessel for being dilapidated and abandoned. I purchased the boat for the fines and fees that had accumulated while in the custody of the the San Jacinto River Authority.

The story is that the boat was commissioned by a Texas University as a research vessel. The owner of the boat when it was confiscated was a university teacher in Tennessee.

With a lot of effort and a little creativity, I had the boat loaded and trucked to New Orleans and the Seabrook Harbor Boat Yard (Great Guys!).

The boat sat for a while in the yard, the charter business was busy and my wife Danica and I were renovating a house and preparing for our wedding.

Once Seabrook had the boat on blocks, I had a dumpster brought in and started tearing her apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment