Warning: Use of this site can be addictive!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wed 6/2/10 Oil Patrol


Artful weather dodging today. We started with a large squall in our path.


To the left of USCG David Tynch's head you can see a water spout beginning to form.

For this time of year, the spout was impressive. Thick and able to make it all the way down.

Once the weather kicked we battened down cameras and hatches and went to work. We made the farthest travel outside of Chandeleur. We ran from Hopedale, to about 25 miles south of Biloxi and Gautier Mississippi. We turned South and we headed for Venice. The seas were solid 3 foot and sloppy. Even the 30 foot Twin Vee was getting bounced, but I couldn't imagine making the run in anything else.

We got as far as Gossier and a storm over the river started working our way. We made the turn back into the sound and headed back to Hopedale. No oil, no oiled birds. One shrimper working in the boom program did get injured today. I believe his name is Mr. Charles Robin. His fingers were caught in a winch I understand. Our prayers and best wishes to him and his family.

Back at it again tomorrow (Thursday). If I am not returning your calls promptly, please forgive and be patient. Depending on what time I get in, and what has to be done for maintenance and preparation, and making time for my family, I am limited in how much time I can spent on the phone and computer. if I am slacking in my professional and social obligations I hope you will do your best to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment